Warehouse Team Lead
OSM Worldwide is a leading provider of domestic and international package shipping services that reach millions of addresses nationwide and around the globe. With today's consumer switch to ordering product online there is a large market for business to consumer shipping.
We are currently hiring for multiple full-time Warehouse Team Lead for our Distribution Center located in Glendale Heights, IL. The successful individual hired will report to the Operations Supervisor and will assist in the day-to-day management of the distribution workforce and will ensure all customer parcels leave the Distribution Center timely.
This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the shift. This position provides guidance and supervision to temporary associates. Responsibilities include ensuring the movement of mail with accuracy and efficiency focusing on the processing and sorting of mail.
Pay is $15.00 per hour.
- Training and supervision of temporary associates on his/her assigned shift.
- Produces a shift close and manifest report to alert the next shift or destined OSM location of what was produced and ready to ship.
- Troubleshoots basic software issues with in-house operating system (OSMART).
- Set up each processing station at the start of each shift.
- Sends reports to destined OSM locations and or the USPS.
- Evaluates staffing needs and communicates with staffing firms to coordinate the necessary associates.
- Assists in the tracking of associate’s hours.
- Documents any accident/incidents that occur with assigned associates.
- Ensures prescribed rates and goals are met and maintained.
- Gathers and delivers mail pieces requiring re-work.
- Re-allocates containers when required or needed, adds the appropriate container labels. Ensures containers are placed in the correct location within the work space.
- Receives and creates transfers to/from OSM Locations.
- Organizes and cleans up the production floor areas at the end of the shift.
- H.S. Diploma required.
- At least 2 years distribution center experience required; previous postal logistics experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Ability to work within a high pressure team environment.
- Comprehensive health insurance including medical, dental, and vision. And affordable too!
- Generous paid time off benefits.
- 401K safe harbor contribution and profit sharing (we care about your retirement).
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability.